According to the latest research conducted by the British Business Bank:
- 46% of UK Business Angels expect to make new investments during 2020/2021
- 57% of UK Business Angels made an investment between April and July 2020
- 72% of UK Business Angels are confident about the future growth in value of their portfolio
- 54% of UK Business Angels had greater engagement with their portfolio companies during the pandemic
It also showed the current challenges/barriers facing angel investors are:
- 45% – economic uncertainty
- 32% – impact of Covid-19
- 26% – selecting/finding the right opportunities
- 26% – lack of liquidity/exit opportunities
These statistics shine a light on the behavior of business angels during 2020, and the challenges they face in considering investment opportunities.
To red the full report, CLICK HERE.