The British Business Bank has just released their Small Business Finance Markets Report 2022. Some of the key findings of which are:
– There has been a surge in smaller business equity investment
– The geographic imbalances in access to finance persists
– Smaller businesses continue to prioritise growth over environmental concerns
– Ethnic Minority-led businesses are more willing to use but less likely to obtain finance
– Gross bank lending to smaller businesses has returned to pre-pandemic levels
The report offers a fascinating insight into the analysis of how finance was used in 2021.